Monday, May 05, 2008
Day 5
So...day five...feels like day 47! I think we have seen everything there is to see on the East Coast. On day five we were in Philadelphia. Janet had work meetings so I met up with an old friend from Merit. She lives in Philly and I was so happy that she was able to meet up with me.
I didn't take nearly as many pictures in Philly as I wish had. Me and Judy got to talking and so I got distracted and forgot to take pictures while she was driving me around Philly. We saw alot....like the steps where Rocky ran up......and lots of places that were on the National Treasure (laughing as I'm writing this...and Jan is laughing at me....I kept saying "oh I saw that in National Treasure")
Went by Geno's Steaks....I guess its supposed to be the best Philly Cheese Steak place ever!
This was the Italian market...it was a cool place....fresh fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses....everything!
We went to Bruno's....a awesome cheese store. Tried a few things...it was great!



And for lunch Judy took me to Famous 4th Street Deli. Needless to say...we have really eaten good on this trip...and this deli for lunch was no exception. It was soooooo good. I think that I have picked this up from Ted...taking pictures of good foods. That is fun...good idea Theo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That's funny because I was just in that cheese store a month or two ago, the name is actually DiBruno Bros...and they are great. It's on 9th Street (or "9 Street" as it's known to the locals) in the South Philly Italian Market and I've eaten at several great Italian places within a block of there. I would have given you a couple of recommendations if I had known you were going there because I know that neighborhood like the back of my hand!
ohhh, I am so happy for your awesome vacation! I want to see all the places and things you saw and I would absolutely love to RUN in Central Park! Maybe Jan will have to be my tour guide...some day in the future...some day. But, I can tell you fo sure that I would not be as cute as you two in all your pictures. FUN and tiring, but how often do you get to go there, right? (love how my comments are so random?...sorry).
So I did see that Geno's Cheesesteak place on the travel channel. Right across from it is another cheese steak place and that are like big competitors. I told chris I wanted to go there just to try both places. So it is pretty famous if it was on the travel channel! Glad that you guys had a great time!
Our account executive took us to Geno's when we were at a conference in Philly a couple of years ago. I wonder if any locals go there....or if all the tourist/out-of-towners keep them in business :)
Post a Comment